Principal Data Scientist
London, United Kingdom | SAGE GROUP PLC
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Every business on Earth must, in some way, do bookkeeping, accounting, and financial planning to operate. At the outset, these functions may seem like mundane facts-of-life in the process of running a business; however, the skill with which a company does them can have a profound impact not only on their business, but also the world.Our team, within the CTO function, builds cloud-based AI-powered features and products that fundamentally change the way businesses operate.
Sage Artificial Intelligence Labs "SAIL" is a nimble team within Sage building the future of cloud business management by using artificial intelligence to turbocharge our users' productivity. The SAIL team builds capabilities to help businesses make better decisions through data-powered insights.
As a part of our team, you will be crafting machine learning solutions to help steer the direction of the entire company’s Data Science and Machine Learning effort. You will have chances to innovate, contribute and make an impact on the rapidly growing FinTech industry.
You will have overall technical ownership of designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining high quality machine learning solutions that contribute to the success of Sage and contributes intelligence to its products.
If you share our excitement for machine learning, value a culture of continuous improvement and learning and are excited about working with cutting edge technologies, apply today!
• Proven and deep understanding of statistical and machine learning and deep learning techniques
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience designing, developing and scaling machine learning models in production
• Experience collaborating with the different engineering functions
• Ability to assess and translate a loosely defined business problem and advise on the best approaches to deliver quality Machine Learning solutions
• Strong technical leadership with the ability to see project initiatives through to completion
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
• 5+ years of experience in designing and developing ML solutions including problem formulation, data exploration and processing, feature engineering and model development and implementation
• Proficiency with Python, R, Pandas and ML frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow etc
• Experience with NLP and applying ML in the Accounting/Finance domain a plus
Key Responsibilities You Might Work On
• Design, develop, deliver, and maintain high quality data science and machine learning solutions
• Define and develop metrics and KPIs to identify and track success
• Engage directly with product managers through ideation and experimentation of data science work to showcase what's possible and what could be delivered to drive intelligent product features
• Collaborate with architects and engineers to deliver ML solution and ship code to production
• Take an active role within the team to contribute to its objectives and key results (OKRs) and to the wider AI strategy
• Presenting findings, results, and performance metrics to the team and stakeholders
• Mentor team members
What's It Like To Work Here:
You will have an opportunity to work in an environment where Data Science is central to what we do. The products we build are breaking new ground, and we have a focus on providing the best environment to allow you to do what you do best - solve problems, collaborate with your team and push first class software. Our distributed team is spread across multiple continents, we promote an open diverse environment, encourage contributions to open-source software and invest heavily in our staff. Our team is talented, capable and inclusive. We know that great things can only be done with great teams and look forward to continuing this direction
Already a member? Sign In