Principal, Design Engineering
Remote, NH, USA | Celestica
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:69 people have viewed this job
As a Celestica Software Architect, you will work with diverse, global talent in the company. You will partner with the Celestica leadership and product/technical team members and help build the software product roadmap. For this role, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who are forward thinking, have a good understanding of networking technology and industry trends like (SONiC, NOS, Routing protocols BGP/OSPF/IS-IS, DC QOS/PFC/VxLAN/ECN features, 1588/PTP protocols and ONF Stratum switch OS, ONOS control plane, SD-Fabric app), and can provide technical leadership.
Key leadership skills
- Dynamic, motivated software Technical Architect
- Strong domain skills in their field of expertise
- Must have a keen understanding of emerging Networking product SW Technology trends in Enterprise, 5G, Service provider, cloud-native, Telecom space
- Be able to establish and maintain strong, collaborative interlocks with key stakeholders in product management, hardware design and program management teams
- Strong communication skills
Technical skills requirements:
- Ability to provide Technical leadership and end to end architecture guidance on HPS SW programs.
- Technology areas may include
- Deep expertise in open Networking switch/routing, Rack integration, SDN, converged and hyper-converged infrastructure; Deep expertise in NOS design and architecture.
- Broadcom XGS/DUNE, Marvell/Innovium, Barefoot ASIC based networking product NOS.
- Routing protocols SW experience like BGP/OSFP/IS-IS; DC networking protocols like QOS/PFC/ECN/VxLAN;
- Management/Automation features like RESTCONF, gRPC/gNMI/gNOI, Ansible/Salt/Chef/SaltStack, sFlow/netflow.
- Carrier Networking features like MPLS, SR/SRv6 will be good plus.
- Disaggregation HW/SW approach in networking switch/router.
- Virtual switch experience like Open vSwitch, DPDK will be good plus.
- Emerging technologies (1588/PTP, OCP Networking, SDN – ONF Stratum/ONOS/SD-Fabric, P4 and P4 Runtime,) in Enterprise or Service provider, Telecom space
- Ability to engage in open source forums.
- Must have a data-centric/SW engineering approach to SW quality tracking, monitoring and enhancements.
- Partner with product management, customer experience team, platform system architect on new solutions and system architecture
- Bachelors or Master degree in EE, CS, or CE;
- More than 15 years of working experience on switch/router products;
- Significant experience as software architect or development lead
- Strong debugging skills and experience with NOS development – Networking protocols…
- Strong programming skills, C, C++ and python languages;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted
Already a member? Sign In