Principal Electronics Engineer - Communication Systems
Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:84 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Communication Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Communications Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of communications systems. The successful individual is expected to be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is willing to work in a fast paced, team setting. Regular activities may include analyzing, modeling, troubleshooting, designing and simulating communications systems, subsystems, and algorithms for communication networks, data links, digital radio, battle management, and command and control systems such as wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, secure systems, signal coding and modulation schema, digital radio/communications technology and network architecture design.
- Support communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, and integration
- Perform development, integration, and operational tests on complex communication systems
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of supplier proposals, design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration and test execution
- Develop Statement of Work and Performance Specifications for Suppliers
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to Suppliers, Leadership, and other Integrated Product Teams and external customers
- Support Cost Account Managers (CAMs), Project Leads, Responsible Engineers (REs), and leadership for proposal development, cost planning, and performance tracking efforts
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
- Direct the activities of subordinate engineers to complete project assignments
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with a Master’s Degree
- Experience with Communication Systems
- Active Top Secret security clearance with investigation within the last 5 years
- Masters Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Practical working experience with various types of RF communications systems, especially those used in aviation
- Prior communications unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
Already a member? Sign In