Principal Electronics Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
We are looking to grow our Electronic Design team and need someone who can own the technical solution on medium to large projects by leading team of engineers from the front. You’ll need a strong foundation in the fundamentals of electronics and a track record of successfully steering challenging electronics designs through the development lifecycle, from concept to manufacture.
We work on a wide range of product and system developments for a broad range of clients. You’ll start off by creating a solid reputation for yourself as the electronics design lead across a mix of project teams, before working with the Business Development and Project Management teams to help sell projects of your own.
We are always innovating rather than iterating, so each new project will be a brand-new challenge. You could be working on an industrial robot on one project, then a smart wearable on the next.
This role is in the Electronic Design group within our Industrial, Consumer and Energy division.
What we can offer
We will provide you with the opportunity to take overall technical responsibility across all stages of the product development life cycle such as:
- Conduct the scoping of new projects by understanding client requirements and identifying technical challenges
- Development of system architectures in collaboration with engineers from other disciplines
- Owning the overall development process and technical documentation strategy for the project
- Supporting transfer to manufacture
As you gain experience in this role, you can develop and shape your career in whichever direction you choose, whether that be technical project management, group leadership or a more sales-focussed role.
What you can bring
- Strong academic background with an electronics related degree
- Prior experience using your electronics engineering and leadership skills to drive electronics developments towards successful outcomes
- Great communications skills – with both fellow team members and clients
- Appreciation for the basics of other branches of engineering (e.g. mechanical, software, manufacturing, fluidics, optics etc)
It would also be great if you have experience in volume manufacturing and/or product requirements specification and architecture.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In