Principal Electronics Engineer
Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
The Communications Integration and Test Engineer must have experience with the test, integration and troubleshooting of communications systems or component sub-systems, RF Line of Sight, SATCOM and tactical networks.
- Perform subsystem analysis, document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform/support review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration.
- Perform/support design reviews, or reviews of design related documentation (ICDs, system and subsystem design documents, etc.)
- Perform field integration, trouble-shooting and repair of communications and data link systems in a test environment.
- Perform SIL and functional test planning and execution.
- Perform change management and engineering change proposal (ECP) duties, including preparation, analysis, planning and execution.
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to suppliers and other integrated product teams, such as Product Support (logistics), Platform, Electronics, Test and Evaluation, Quality Assurance, Global Supply Chain, and Configuration Management.
- Develop and manage to integrated schedules, manage earned value, perform risk management, and prepare status reports & briefings and other program communications.
- Bachelor of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited University and 5 years of relevant experience OR 3 years of relevant experience with a Masters
- Practical working experience with various types of RF systems
- Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance (within 5 year scope) and the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Aptitude to learn new material quickly.
- Must be a self-directed technical performer with strong communication skills, demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technical trades, and ability to develop & execute to a strategy
- Must possess working knowledge in Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience with the integration and test of communications systems or component sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- Top Secret/SCI clearance with Active SSBI with investigation date in last 5 years.
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience.
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development, Production, Operations) and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
Already a member? Sign In