Principal Electronics Engineer
Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a highly motivated Responsible Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Our team is looking for a highly-motivated mid-level Field Engineer who is a self-starter. This position performs the integration and troubleshooting of communications systems or component sub-systems, RF Line of Sight, SATCOM and tactical networks, ranging in complexity from a single rack of equipment to dozens. This role will entail the successful sustainment of a system using engineering drawings, configuration & recovery documentation, system level troubleshooting, as well as live support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• System integration, test development/execution of various types of communications systems
• Document system requirements and interfaces
• Troubleshooting systems interacting and coordinating with responsible communications engineers responsible for sustaining communication sub-systems
• Serve as an interface between the O&T organization and the engineers
• Ensure communication system performance meets specified levels
• Proactively maintain overall system performance of a deployed communication system
• Perform troubleshooting, document issues and coordinate field replacements/upgrades of communications systems
• Contribute to improvement of processes, design and future sustainment efforts.
• Fiber optic integration and test
• Ability to regularly work nights and weekends as required.
• Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of relevant engineering experience; Master’s Degree and 3 years; or PhD with 0 years
- Experience with satellite communication systems integration
- Must possess an active Top Secret clearance with investigation date in last 5 years, and the ability to obtain and maintain special access
- Between 25% and 50% travel expected, Up to 75% is possible
- Master’s Degree or PhD in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- Practical working experience with various types of RF systems, including troubleshooting with test equipment
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Aptitude to learn new material quickly
- Existing Special Program Access
Already a member? Sign In