Principal Engineer, Measurements/Loads Control
Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:90 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal, Systems Test Engineer.
The Specialty Test Team in Palmdale Ca. is looking for qualified Mid-level Instrumentation Engineers to join our diverse team. The SST performs all structural testing, both static and fatigue. Ranging from component level to full scale article on both R&D and flight hardware.
Selected Candidate will apply their electrical, mechanical, and computer skills while utilizing complex, state of the art, load control and data acquisition systems to control 100’s of load actuators while acquiring feedback /data from 1000’s of sensors. Qualified individuals will collaborate with various disciplines and all levels of personnel throughout all phases of Structural Testing, IE: Test Planning, Hardware and Instrumentation design, procurement and or manufacturing, Test Set-up, Test Execution, Data Reduction and Test Report Preparation and presentation.
Selected candidate must be a motivated, driven individual with excellent communication skills, capable of working with minimal direction and moderate oversight / supervision. Candidate must have strong analytical / troubleshooting skills. Candidate will on occasion be required to lead and mentor less experienced engineers.
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following:
• Setup, Program, Operate, and maintain LCS and DAS
• Plan and arrange for the equipment required for testing.
• Interpret Test Requirements and Co-Author and publish Test Procedures.
• Participate in Test Ready Reviews
• Report status of testing and constraints.
• Participate in post-test data evaluation, problem identification, and resolutions.
• Proficient with Micro Soft Office tools, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Visual Basic
• Have a thorough understanding of Wheatstone Bridge based sensors
• 2D drawings in AutoCAD
Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years related exp. or Master's Degree in STEM with 3 years experience
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
· 7 years direct hands-on experience with test, measurement & control engineering applications
· Experience with structures testing, LCS and DAQ systems
· Experience in mechanical assembly & test, analog electronics, transducers, strain gage design & installation experience
· Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
Already a member? Sign In