Principal Enterprise Architect, Financial Services
San Francisco, CA, USA | Datorama
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
The Enterprise Architect is a customer-facing enterprise domain expert applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge and business acumen, supporting sales teams in developing Salesforce value propositions that align to our customers’ business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption. The Enterprise Cloud Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, technology, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Enterprise Cloud Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements.
• The Enterprise Architect determines which Salesforce and third party technologies to leverage in customer driven architectures, based upon product knowledge, industry experience, industry standard EA frameworks and Salesforce EA methodologies
• Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) and technical architecture (current and future state diagrams, solution best practices, reference architectures, design patterns).
• With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical architecture, software/systems engineering, cloud computing, governance and SDLC, the Enterprise Cloud Architect leads key discussions and considerations around change programs from both a business and technical perspective.
• Travel to customer engagements (around 30% of the month).
• Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
• Actively engage with account executives and solution engineers to develop opportunities for customer-facing enterprise architecture engagements. Continuously promote and communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture both within the solution engineering community, as well as within the broader sales and customer success organizations
• Help the sales teams develop industry specific, repeatable propositions and go to market strategies.
• Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
• Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
• The Enterprise Architect also participates in the delivery of solution best practices, reference architectures, educational sessions and industry summits to existing customers, partners and to internal audiences.
• Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
• Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
• Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
• Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, industry business unit, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
• Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
• Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
This role will be aligned to the Financial Services business segment: The Financial Services business segment consists of Salesforce customers and prospects across Banking, Insurance and Wealth Management. These customers are typically in digital optimization or digital transformation phases. Salesforce typically has alignment with key customer C-level executives as to partner on digital transformation engagements.
• Become a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
• Earn the trust of prospects' and customers’ CISO/CSO/Chief Risk Officer and similar.
• A true asset to Salesforce due to broad and deep knowledge of business and technical architecture across all relevant domains.
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
• Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
• Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
• Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common EA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, BI/BA, etc.
• Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
• Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
• Good understanding of enterprise application integration technologies as well as common EA topics such as persona based journeys, process orchestration, master data management, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, etc.
• Familiar with Industry or vertical solutions a plus
• Articulate and balanced in demeanor with crisp written and verbal communication skills
• Previous practitioner and/or implementation experience of Salesforce solutions or relevant solutions
• Familiar with relevant (regional, vertical, etc.) data privacy and compliance requirements
• Familiar with solution selling
• Experience in sales/pre-sales strongly desired
• Experience of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
• Familiar with design thinking and similar principles
Alrdeady a member? Sign In