Principal Frontend Engineer
Winnersh, United Kingdom | SAGE GROUP PLC
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
As a Software Engineer at Sage you will be responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture and in return Sage will work with you to develop you long term career plans.
You will be work on high quality products that are used by hundreds of businesses around the globe and develop and enhance a system that exceed customers’ and business partners’ expectations.
This role sits within our Sage People HR product and we seek people with a deep desire to face challenges, a yearning for growth, and a clear understanding of their path forward. The team work in an agile environment utilizing SCRUM methodology, but your ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment is just as important.
- In this position you will be part of one of our teams working on our Sage People HR product
- Sage People is based on the Salesforce platform, using MS Azure as an integration platform and Angular in the front end.
- As a developer in the team you will develop high quality, well tested software through automation, proven best practices and design patterns and you will work alongside our product owners and architects early on to shape product definitions.
- We aim to automate testing as much code as possible and constantly evaluate our progress and results to recommend major changes in procedures in order to maximize our efficiency
- As we partner with other teams for a variety of services, you will be partnering with team members across the organization to deliver on commitments.
The Experience You'll Bring To The Team:
- Experience of working in Agile/Scrum development teams.
- Experience of test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.
- Knowledge of API integration with 3rd parties.
- Experience of working with cloud computing providers, e.g. MS Azure, AWS, etc.
- Ability to write clean readable, maintainable code and design software components from scratch
- Understanding of performance optimization techniques and caching
Already a member? Sign In