Principal IT Systems Engineer
Chesapeake, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer for the configuration and integration of IT Systems. Responsibilities include design, configuration, verification, validation, and technical leadership for the integration of hardware, software, and services into enterprise Information Technology systems. As part of the Systems Engineering team, all members have the opportunity to grow technically and professionally in a strong and growing technical environment with support from experienced professionals. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on background and understanding of network, storage, and virtual server architectures.
The selected candidate will work with the government customer to develop requirements, conduct site surveys, design solutions, mock-up, install, configure, document, and test solutions in a lab environment. Upon government acceptance, the selected candidate will support the deployment, troubleshooting, and sustainment of the fielded solution.
Major duties of the position include:
· Collaborate with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military to integrate, troubleshoot, and document a global enterprise IT system.
· Translates customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
· Communicate detailed and clear project status to government and internal leadership
· Ensure effective integration, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
· Create key documentation to properly capture, and baseline, a system.
· Interact with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
· Develop, document, execute, and integrate systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
· Integrate activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA, but travel is required up to 25%.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
High School and at least 10 years of experience OR Associate degree and at least 8 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience
Active TS security clearance and ability to maintain
Knowledgeable on the latest technologies for Enterprise IT and a strong desire to learn new technologies
Experience installing and configuring virtual environments
Ability to travel (CONUS and OCONUS) up to 25%
Ability to obtain and maintain certifications to meet IAT3 Requirements (CISSP or CASP)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure
Strong working knowledge in at least five of these technologies:
· Cisco or Juniper Switches/Routers
· Microsoft Server 2012/2016
· Active Directory and DNS
· RedHat Enterprise Linux
· NetApp Storage Arrays
· Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
· ACAS/Nessus or other vulnerability scanning and management tool
· Host Based Security System (HBSS)
· DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG)
· Cisco Unified Computing Systems
· Citrix XenDesktop
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified MS Windows Server 2012 (MCSA or MCSE)
Cisco Certified (CCNA or CCNP)
Active TS/SCI security clearance
Alrdeady a member? Sign In