Principal (Lead) Cloud Software Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of projects. We offer bespoke solutions to our clients. These are often “greenfield” developments where we need to work closely with our clients to define technology choices which are sustainable for them long term.
You’ll share your days with talented teams of software engineers, UX and service designers, AI/ML experts, test engineers and DevOps specialists. Your focus will be effective, creative delivery for ambitious, world-renowned clients wanting to make a real difference to real lives. Often you’ll be developing systems that haven’t been seen before and where the specification can at first be unclear. Working with our team you’ll be able to cut through the fog and deliver solutions for our clients.
What we can offer
We offer a variety of career progression opportunities. You’ll have the opportunity to steer your career along the path of your choice, whether you prefer meeting and talking with clients or perhaps leading large teams on multiple projects. Our collaborative and supportive working environment allows our engineers to quickly develop their skills and knowledge in unfamiliar areas, enabling us to drive the development of cutting-edge technologies evolving at a rapid pace.
You can choose to remain focussed on technical delivery, with long term progression opportunities - or you have the option to move into management, project management or business development tracks, while retaining a technical delivery component.
What you can bring
You will have the ability to:
- Work with our systems architects to design systems and choose technologies
- Deliver software that is scalable, secure and observable
- Work with our test specialists to ensure automated tests deliver the best value
- Help develop our team through mentoring, code reviews and sharing experiences
- Find the pragmatic middle ground between elegant solutions and getting something deployed
- Build relationships and manage communications with key technologists in our clients
- Estimate feature development timescales, including for new opportunities
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In