Principal Mechanical Systems Engineer
Dulles, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical, systems, and design engineering on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
• Perform detailed design tasks using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and other software tools to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft.
• Interfacing and communicating with customers, program and functional management, other spacecraft engineering disciplines, and component suppliers.
• Develop test plans and procedures and support structural testing at the component and spacecraft levels.
• Perform cost and schedule planning for projects and proposals.
• Expected to be self-motivated and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems under general supervision.
• Skills include, but not limited to, Computer Aided Design (CAD), knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and Mechanics of Metallic and Composite Materials.
This position may be performed at a level 2 or level 3 engineer depending on the qualifications, skills, and experience of the candidate.
Mechanical Engineer 2 - Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area (Degrees in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering highly preferred) and 2+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 0+ years of experience.
Mechanical Engineer 3 - Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area (Degrees in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering highly preferred) and 5+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain government clearance.
• Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with design, manufacturing, and testing of structures.
• Experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft (or similar hardware) to include layout, design, and build.
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, preferably CREO.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards and preparation of manufacturing documentation.
• Experience with 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and hands-on hardware fabrication.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In