Principal Pricing Analyst / Sr. Principal Pricing Analyst
San Diego, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems’ team of high performance and dynamic pricing and estimating professionals. If you want to learn from and be challenged by a team of highly qualified peers, you’ll be right at home here. Your skills will be continually developed and improved.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is the Cost Volume/Pricing Lead for all Program Proposals, ROMs and NTEs within the Airborne C4ISR Division. Must be an excellent communicator with a strong business background to coordinate and collaborate with various disciplines and communicate with all levels of management. This position is based in San Diego, CA.
• Early strategic engagement to ensure greater alignment on strategy in the capture and proposal process
• Facilitate pricing strategy meetings with the capture and proposal teams
• Understanding customer requirements through solicitations and other Requests
• Developing realistic cost proposal schedules that meets requirements and deadlines
• Developing the WBS, the CLIN/subCLIN pricing structure, and the proposal OBS
• Generating estimating instructions for 3rd party suppliers and internal technical organizations that are resource estimators; and facilitate/lead cost proposal kick-off events
• Generating detailed pricing using the estimates, pricing model, and proposal structure, in alignment with the pricing strategy; and facilitating pricing strategy reviews/discussions
• Developing and preparing cost volumes in accordance with solicitation requirements
• Supporting risk and opportunity assessment and quantification, and generating results of risk analyses to support bid or commitment decisions.
• Support post submittal activities including but not limited to customer evaluation/ fact-finding, negotiations, and DCAA/DCMA audits.
• Thoroughly review proposal pricing of other analysts to assure compliance and quality
• Mentor and train junior pricing and estimating professionals on the team in support of company goals and objectives.
Required years of work experience for the Principal Pricing Analyst
6 years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree with at least 1-4 years of experience in Pricing & Estimating;
4 years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree with at least 1-2 years of experience in Pricing & Estimating
Required years of work experience for the SR. Principal Pricing Analyst
10 years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree with at least 1-4 years of experience in Pricing & Estimating;
8 years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree with at least 1-2 years of experience in Pricing & Estimating
Ability to multi-task and ability work outside business including weekend on business needs
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools/applications. Intermediate to advance Excel skills required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting/mathematics/business
At least 4 years of experience in the US government defense industry contracting.
Knowledge of Northrop Grumman pricing and cost estimating tools.
Eager to learn, with excellent communication and self-motivational skills to meet deadlines.
A team player, independent, proactive and possesses excellent problem solving and organizational skills.