Principal Salesforce Software Engineer
Winnersh, United Kingdom | SAGE GROUP PLC
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
At Sage, we recognize that the world of work has rapidly shifted over the last few years, particularly how we work. That is why we have committed to working in a hybrid way going forward. Human connection is an essential ingredient of the 4 principles that make up our Flexible Human Work hybrid framework and we want to be transparent in what that looks like when you join our Sage family. On one hand, our offices will continue to play an important role in our future and serve as a place for spontaneous conversations, connection, collaboration as well as focused time. On the other hand, we have learned to reimagine where and when we work and to unlock that flexibility and innovation for our colleagues offering them the opportunity to work flex across their home, Sage offices or customer sites.
We invite you to join us and help us write our next chapter. Follow us on our social media sites to join in conversations about open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.
They will have overall technical ownership of the design, develop and delivery of high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
- In this position you will be working a cross functional role for our teams working on our Sage People HR product in an agile environment utilizing SCRUM methodology. In total there are 7 teams with up to approx. 6-7 team members. Sage People is based on the Salesforce platform while using Angular in the frontend with some legacy Angular.js currently still running.
- To be successful in this role you will need a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software development to facilitate the completion of difficult assignments.
- This means you will develop, deliver and maintain high quality software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.) working alongside our product owners and architects early on to shape product definitions so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way
- We do some automation in this product but due to our customers needs for our HR products, there is a natural limit to it. However we still constantly evaluate our progress and results to recommend major changes in procedures in order to maximize our efficiency
- As we partner with other teams for a variety of services, you will be partnering with team members across the organization to deliver on commitments.
- As a Principal Engineer you will also be a Mentor and Coach to more junior members of the engineering teams and help them grow further.
What Are We Looking For?
- Ideally you will have a deep knowledge of Salesforce or Angular technologies and be able to work in both back end and front end development.
- Further, you have been working with Agile frameworks, modern design patterns and BDD. As a source control we use Github, with Jira used as a product management system, so any work experience with these are welcome.
- You will have strong soft skills, as you will be working with a lot of other departments/ areas of the company to promote tools and designs, and come to a conclusion for the best solution possible. Presentations and demos will also be required as part of the normal Agile process.
- As you are a role model for more junior Engineers, you should feel comfortable in transfering knowledge and incourage them to grow
Already a member? Sign In