San Diego, CA, USA | Leader of Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, and Consumer Goods Company
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist to be located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion.Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member of the DMPK team. The candidate will serve as a site and global expert on biotransformation for both small and large molecule drugs to optimize discovery chemistry, mitigate safety risks from unfavorable metabolic pathways, and understand the metabolic fate of development candidates. The candidate will work closely with discovery team medicinal chemists and DMPK project team representatives on metabolism related questions to provide mechanistic insight, offer solutions to shape team strategy, and guide research critical for team decision-making. In addition, the candidate will foster the development of junior biotransformation scientists, indoctrinating both the technical and scientific skill-sets required of the drug metabolism field. Additional responsibilities will include conducting and leading innovative research in the field and shaping global biotransformation strategy.
· The successful candidate will have a PhD with 8+ years of relevant industry experience utilizing LC/MS/MS and NMR data to localize sites of metabolism.
· The successful candidate will have a long-track record supporting drug metabolism studies and an extensive publication record.
· The candidate must possess a strong medicinal chemistry background as well as expertise using high resolution mass spectrometers and NMR and their associated software’s to support biotransformation work (TOFs, Q-Traps, Orbitraps etc.).
· In addition, the candidate must have a strong understanding of DMPK principles and their application to drug discovery and early development phase.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.