Principal Security Engineer
Reston, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:136 people have viewed this job
Design, prototype and support security-related infrastructure and applications. Identify and mitigate security risks to network and systems. Responsible for the architecture and engineering of enterprise security tools which may be either COTS or open source. Possess the ability to learn new technologies to adapt to the threat landscape.
Engineering duties and responsibilities:
1. Architecture and design of news tools as well as upgrading existing infrastructure.
2. Provide security application support, including the development of automated scripts and protocols for seamless application-server interaction.
3. Develop documentation as required (such as installation and Visio network and cabling diagrams, configuration guides, user tutorials, user and system requirements specification documentation, use cases, traceability matrices).
4. Research, prototype and implement new security related technologies.
5. Backing up other engineers with enterprise tools and learning and mastering new tools.
6. Working hand-in-hand with 24/7 GSOC to support their needs.
7. As a lead engineer, provide mentoring and training to other team members.
8. Assist in the management of team functions and responsibilities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Strong Linux experience required
Network architecture and security principals
Networking protocols including, but not limited to DNS, TCP/IP, ARP, BGP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, ICMP
Some scripting skills like bash, python or perl
Must have strong enterprise tools experience
Preferred Skills and Education
Programming languages such as Bash, Bourne shell, Perl, Python, C
Deep Linux experience
Security+, Network+, GSEC, CEH, CISM, CISSP
Already a member? Sign In