Principal / Senior Principal Hive SQL Engineer
Redwood City, CA, USA | Oracle
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
The Master Customer Profile SaaS team at Oracle is committed on enabling our customer experience (CX) SaaS components to provide the most interactive, richest experience possible to our customers.This requires bringing together huge amounts of custom data from different sources and building a single, smart view of the customer and their activities, preferences and behaviors. Come join us in working with the rest of the Oracle MCP teams and big data technologies (Java, HDFS, Zookeeper, Kafka, Spark, etc.) to fulfill our vision.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equiv) and 6+ years of experience in databasecomputing and at least 3 years of Hive-based SQL development (Hive, SparkSQL, Impala, etc).Experience coding in Java is a plus.In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a team of top-notch engineers to deliver world class software.You should come prepared to learn a lot and help define and drive initiatives in a strong team that is helping Oracle become the #1 cloud provider in the world.
* Collaborate to create state-of-the-art solutions for consuming and manipulating vast amounts of data
* Create thorough, coherant design documents to be shared and reviewed by team and consumers
* Write solid, testable and maintainable code in Hive SQL that meets the functional and performance specifications
* Design and code data schemas in a relational database using Java
* Collaborate with consumers and other team members to collect, understand and solve problems
* Develop unit and integration tests using SQL testing frameworks
* Assist with build and deployment automation scripts
* Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
* Highly experienced and efficient programmer in Hive SQL.
* Thorough understanding of HDFS, HBase, Parquet and other big data databases
-- be able to explain how they work down to the core
* Experience with other big data technologies a plus
(Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Redis, Elastic Search, etc...)
* Experience delivering a shipped product with these technologies
* Real experience with testing, code review, provisioning (Chef/Ansible/etc.) frameworks
* Have spent time as part of an agile development team
* 6+ years of industry experience
* BS/MS (or equivalent) in computer science or related field
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Already a member? Sign In