Principal Software Engineer
Herndon, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:101 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a mid-level Java developer to support a multi-tiered and set of programs and applications.
The ideal candidate may perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at lower levels due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues. Candidate will provide software engineering and systems troubleshooting support to the product. The candidate will be responsible for the development, building, configuration, management and documentation of systems supporting the mission. This includes documentation of software designs, user documentation, and Interface Control Documents (ICDs). Additionally, the candidate will be required to support the analysis and troubleshooting of operational system problems and coordinate the associated engineering to correct the problem.
In addition, serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams. Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering. Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects. Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software. Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
This program has positions located in Herndon, VA/ Reston, VA /Bolling AFB, DC
• Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of experience, Master’s degree and 4+, Associates degree and 8, 4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must possess a current or active Top Secret/SCI clearance with the ability to successfully complete a poly.
• 6+ years of experience in software development or related systems areas
• Full lifecycle software development, including design, implementation and testing
• Prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies: Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate
• Experience with Wildfly
• Experience with Git
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Jenkins
• Experience with OpenShift
• Experience with technologies such as React Angular JS, Angular 2, node.JS, EmberJS and cross browser development
• Experience with cloud technologies (i.e. S3, ElastiCache)
• Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting languages (sh, bash, perl)
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco); Security+CE certification
• Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment.
• Basic understanding of Agile development methodologies, including Scrum