Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA, USA | Oracle
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The ideal candidate must have full stack web application design and development experience with passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of systems integrations and high volume data processing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Successful delivery of high quality web software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
· Roughly 85% hands-on coding
· Work with an architect team to design product features and participate in design decisions
· Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
· Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
· Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
· Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
· Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
· BS/MS/PhD in computer science or equivalent work experience
· 8+ years experience developing web or other software
· Experience with Java, Spring, JMS, Test NG, relational databases and SQL
· Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using REST
· An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development
· Experience with Agile Development/SCRUM
· Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
· Outstanding team working skills
· Having Big Data experience is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In