Principal Supplier Development Engineer
Hunt Valley, MD, USA | Textron
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Supplier Manager is responsible for assessing, developing and managing new and existing suppliers in support of both development programs and legacy sustainment platforms. They will serve as a technical resource and link between supply chain and programs, engineering, and operations.The Supplier Manager will need to work collaboratively across functions to understand the needs of the business and drive supply chain strategies and execution to be successful.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Supplier Management and be based in Hunt Valley, Maryland. Up to 65% travel required.
- Manage many high complexity projects concurrently including supplier improvement, supplier transitions, research and development, and production rate readiness
- Subject matter expert in manufacturing methods and technologies for the group of commodities and supply base assigned
- Establish a strategic supply base maturity plan for key commodities to improve and rationalize existing sources and introduce new suppliers
- Work closely with procurement, programs, engineering and operations to meet the needs of the business in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Find, assess and develop new suppliers for key technologies and in support of new development programs
- Lead Root Cause Corrective Action for critical issues to improve performance
- Provide input to sourcing and engineering teams for supplier capabilities, technical requirements and manufacturing processes
- Assist suppliers with technical data transfer and resolve issues between engineering and the supplier
- Serve as procurement technical liason to engineering community and development program teams
- Perform supplier risk and capacity assessments and develop mitigation strategies and plans using Six Sigma tools
- Undergraduate, Advanced degree and/or training in technical field (Engineering or related)
- Minimum 9 years experience in an engineering, manufacturing, quality and/or a related technical role in aerospace & defense or a related industry. Advanced degree, training or certifications may be considered in lieu of years of experience.
- Demonstrated success solving several highly-complex technical and/or manufacturing issues concurrently
- Demonstrated success in developing new sources of supply, improving existing sources, transitioning sources and/or establishing sourcing strategy to support new product development
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams and projects
- High integrity, credibility and character
- Strong communicator and collaborator with cultural flexibility and adaptability
- Must be able to obtain Security Clearance
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced degree in related technical field
- Experience with supply chain and supplier management
- Previous support for new product development
- Experience with Lean principles, analytics or Six Sigma certification
- Program/project management experience
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful.We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country.We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Already a member? Sign In