Principal Systems Engineer, VDI - Remote
Anywhere, NY, USA | Parexel
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Parexel Enterprise Infrastructure Engineering is seeking a motivated Infrastructure Engineer in the areas of Azure, VDI, and M365 to join our global team. Significant experience required with Enterprise VDI Solutions including Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and Citrix.Focus will be mainly on continued design, build out, maintenance of our Enterprise VDI services which exist in a hybrid model between both on-prem and in Azure. You will bepart of a diligent team of engineers that deliver M365 and infrastructure solutions to host mission critical applications on-premise and in the Azure Cloud. You will maintain and promote security, availability, and redundancy strategies.
- Highly organized and have clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to function in a Global organization with a flexible and dynamic team environment
- Provide deep expert knowledge on VDI technologies/services (emphasis on Azure Virtual Desktop and Citrix). Experience with Nerdio – a plus
- Azure Public Cloud Experience including the following: IaaS / PaaS Experience, Azure Active Directory, Azure Security, Azure Site Recovery (ASR), Azure Cost Management, Azure Monitoring (OMS)
- Working experience with M365 technologies including:Exchange, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Conditional Access
- Depth of knowledge on Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with authoring PowerShell, JSON scripting, Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, Terraform
- Automation Tools such as:ActiveBatch, Ansible
- Nice To Have Knowledge: Storage; Networking; Security; Backup; Disaster Recovery; Database
Education / Certifications
- Degree in a relevant technical area or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft and / or Citrix Certifications Preferred (MCSA and MCSE)
- Escalation point for regional and global technical issues from junior team members and IT team
- Mentor junior staff members to promote standardization and project initiatives.
- Monitors and maintains Systems and Services
- Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends solutions
- Implementation of Systems and ensures quality standards
- Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Already a member? Sign In