Principal/Sr. Principal Ground Systems Engineer
Dulles, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:100 people have viewed this job
The Space Systems Sector is seeking an experienced Principal Systems or Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers. The ideal candidate must have the ability to understand and define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for MMSOC/EGS/Enterprise Ground Solutions by defining, adapting and deploying ground Software and communication systems required to operate the mission (pre-launch, post-launch).
Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
He or she may be responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines – to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. In addition, responsibilities may include coordinating and conducting PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities. Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases, Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
• Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
• Ground support equipment – FEP’s, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS
• Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
• Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
• Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
• Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
• Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
• Ground segment requirements management and development
• Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control and Mission Planning
• Ground terminal design.
• Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
• Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
• Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections
This position may be performed at a level 3 or level 4 engineer depending on the qualifications, skills, and experience of the candidate.
Systems Engineer 3 - Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience.
Systems Engineer 4 - Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Must be a US Citizen with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• Experience with Ground Based Systems (space or satellite knowledge highly preferred)
• Experience developing architecture based on program requirements
• Knowledge of networking software and hardware systems
• Familiarity with Air Force ground control centers
• Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
• DoD Security Experience:
o Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
o Risk Management Framework – 8510.01
Already a member? Sign In