Principal/Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Fairfax, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a Mid-level to Sr.Software Engineer 3 or 4 for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the Intelligence community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
This Software Developer will be expected to:
• Design, develop, and deploy applications within the Amazon Commercial Cloud
• Conduct/participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of complex, software systems, applications and/or databases, including web applications, layout, and user interfaces
• Design, develop and modify new applications and implement enhancements to existing applications
• Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline.
• Ensure software compliance standards are met
• Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions.
• Support regular Customer interaction through demos, status meetings, and technical exchanges
This position may be filled at a level 3 or 4
This position may be filled at a level 3 or 4 depending on the skills and experience of the candidate.
• Level 3 Engineer: Bachelor's degree and 5+years of experience, Master’s degree and 3 years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
• Level 4 Engineer: Bachelor's degree plus 9 years of experience, Master’s degree and 37years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
• Secret or higher clearance
• Python and Java
• Experience building RESTful web services
• Ability to work in a team environment and engage with customers
• Experience working on AWS Cloudformation, Lambdas, Cloudwatch, and other AWS components
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and present technical approaches and findings.
• Experience integrating COTS tools
• Experience with Search Tools (Elasticsearch or Solr)
• Experience with Unix/Linux and Scripting (i.e. Bash)
• AWS Certifications