Principal/Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Fairfax, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a mid to senior Software Engineer 3 or 4 for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the Intelligence community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline
Duties may include:
• Design, develop, and deploy applications within the Amazon Commercial Cloud
• Conduct/participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of complex, software systems, applications and/or databases, including web applications, layout, and user interfaces
• Design, develop and modify new applications and implement enhancements to existing applications
• Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline.
• Ensure software compliance standards are met
• Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions.
• Support regular Customer interaction through demos, status meetings, and technical exchange
This position may be filled at a level 3 or 4 depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
Software Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related experience, Master’s degree with 3+ years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
Software Engineer 4: Bachelor's degree plus 9+ years of related experience, Master’s degree with 7+ years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
• Must hold and active or current (within 24 months) Secret level clearance or higher
• Ruby development experience
• Experience working with AWS Cloudformation, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, IAM and/or other AWS components
• Experience with Agile Development Methodology
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and present technical approaches and findings.
• Experience with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
• Experience with ETL development
• Experience with distributed computing technologies (Apache Kafka and Apache Storm)
• Experience with Unix/Linux and Scripting (i.e. Bash)
• Experience with Intelligence Community missions and systems