Principle Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Chandler, AZ, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Principal Cyber Info AssuranceAnalyst is responsible for performing security assessment of systems and networks and identifying any deviation from acceptable configurations and policy. Act as a technical interface with the customer. Provide expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks that support our business objectives.
REQUIRES CURRENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Manage the full life-cycle classified computing environments to include the daily administration, planning of upgrades, new deployments, and maintaining operational data flows
• Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring coverage, effectiveness, compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; assisting in conducting incident response and analyses; developing and conducting training programs
• Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities
• Provide maintenance and administration services for hardware and software in classified computing environments on the site
• Coordinate IS Security processes, procedures, and standards with other sites within the business unit
• Research and maintain a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and Cyber Security solutions
• Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements
• Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends
• Conduct ongoing and regular Cyber Security capability assessments and reviews including people, process and technologies; ensuring that all security capabilities and tools are operating effectively
• Ensure security capabilities are reviewed and compliant within defined risk levels while considering hardware/software currency, performance/availability, security and information
• Ensure that all Cyber Security related capabilities and solutions are operating effectively
• Participate in the Computer Security Incident Response process
• Responsible for identifying continuous security capability improvements that will help protect our computing environments
• Establish timelines and patterns of activity based on multiple data sources
• Manage effective liaison relationships with other IS groups, vendors, and others
• Candidates must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
• Experience with JSIG, RMF, ICD 503, NIST 800, and NISPOM.
• Experience with or have worked with Linux and Windows administration.
• Technical skills proficiency in the following areas: security information event management, network communication using TCP/IP protocols, system administration, knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, open source information collection
• Self-starter with the ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with subject matter experts and analyst counterparts
• Travel requirement of up to 10%
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications:
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA
• Working knowledge of networking technology and tools, firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS, encryption, and protocols
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to successfully interface with other IS Groups
• Metrics development and reporting
• System configuration and architecture
• Demonstrate strong working knowledge of various information technologies and industry best practices
• Demonstrate ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
*Top Secret clearance required
Minimum Education / Experience: </b>5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.