Principle Financial Analyst
Arlington, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems Inc. is looking for a motivated, analytical, and driven team member to assume the role of finance lead for Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) modelling. The selected candidate will play a critical role in all M&A Activity, from pre-transaction market analysis and diligence, through ownership of the valuation model for all acquisitions and divestitures. While the candidate is not required to have a background in M&A, a strong analytical background and willingness to learn the technical valuation model is required. In addition to owning the valuation model, the role also develops necessary valuation aids/guidelines for use by businesses, prepares acquisition approval papers, participates in due diligence efforts, and prepares financial deliverables required at various stages in the M&A process. Significant senior leadership exposure (both at Inc. Headquarters and within the businesses) will occur through M&A meetings and diligence efforts, requiring strong communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Lead Finance M&A Team member for preparation and review of valuations on a variety of M&A targets, both acquisitions and divestitures
2. Key contributor to Finance Due Diligence through review and challenge of forecasts and data.
3. Prepares and reviews Approval Papers and process deliverables
4. Recommends and facilitates valuation process improvements including valuation model enhancements. Ensure that adequate tools remain current. Prepare and maintains valuation training materials
5. Liaise with external consultants such as Public Accounting, Bankers and Consultants as necessary
6. Liaise with Inc. and Sector personnel on valuation, diligence, and other M&A related matters
7. Coordinate with plc, Inc. and sector financial resources on a variety of M&A issues such as accounting, planning, tax, and treasury.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years related work experience or equivalent experience
Strong demonstrated command of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and BI)
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Sound interpersonal skills (organization, time management, etc...).
Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
Conceptual and innovative thinking.
Preferred Skills and Education
Master's Degree preferred
Alrdeady a member? Sign In