Columbus, NE, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Responsible for process capability, cost reduction and continuous improvement project implementation within a process. Provides specific engineering work related to field of expertise with broad overlap between engineering disciplines expected. Support capacity planning and growth, as well as define budgeted rates and process documentation. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read and write and converse in English. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Coordinate Mechanical Technicians to support daily production/waste goals by keeping equipment running correctly and maintained and by administrating equipment Preventive Maintenance (PM). Conceive, and implement process improvements to support the business. Obtain Change Initiation Request (CIR) approval to implement changes. Perform validations for new products, machines and machine changes. Provide support to address quality issues. Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
A bachelors degree is required in mechanical engineering or related field.
- General Engineering expertise related to automated fabrication, assembly, and packaging equipment for high volume production.
- Use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required.
- Must become knowledgeable of materials, processing, safety, ergonomics, and cost estimating.
- Six Sigma capability to minimum of a Green Belt level, Black Belt level preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferred.
Already a member? Sign In