Holdrege, NE, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Responsible for initiating and completing projects which lead to the best possible production levels at the highest level of quality and the lowest possible cost. Model the use of six sigma tools to solve problems and improve manufacturing operations.
- Support production by cost analysis, testing, validation, design reviews, equipment repair and problem solving.
- Initiation and completion of projects to reduce costs, increase efficiency and capacity, improve quality and safety.
- Support project management, team meetings, project reviews, delegation and follow-up.
- Provides assistance in writing capital requests and developing departmental budgets.
- Prepare comprehensive machine specifications to be used in the purchase and fabrication of off-site procured machinery.
- Develop work instructions and quality documents for new/revised processes.
- Act as a vendor liaison for the purchase, fabrication, installation & debugging of new machinery, keeping all parts and components within specifications established for both machinery & product.
- Perform testing for acceptance of new machines from vendors or from division.
- Support Cl blitz activities. Interaction with plant, division and corporate management and engineers.
- Work and promote a team atmosphere with new/existing projects. Apply quality system requirements to new/existing products and processes.
- Provide guidance and training to the greenbelt teams.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferred.
Minimum 2 yrs.' Manufacturing process improvement, preferably in high speed manufacturing.
Preferred:3-5 yrs. related experience.
Expected to become Six Sigma certified and initiate and complete projects using the six sigma process.
Application of Quality System requirements to new and modified operations/procedures.
Strong problem solving skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP, CAD, MS Project and Visio. Working knowledge of manufacturing.
Understand preventive maintenance concepts and management of work orders.
Indirect supervision over support personnel necessary for assigned project completion.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Must obey all safety rules. Must follow all Quality System Requirements (GMP) regulations. Must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental program. May not pose a direct threat or significant risk to himself/herself or others. The “Essential Functions” and “Other Functions” listed in this description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position. Management reserves the right to change any and all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate. All associates are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
- We treat each other with respect.
- We do what is right.
- We always seek to improve.
- We accept personal responsibility.
Already a member? Sign In