Procurement Manager Software/ IC
Eindhoven, Netherlands | Cooper Lighting
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
We’re looking for a Procurement Engineer- Software &ICs in Eindhoven.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Procurement Engineer - Software & ICs you will play a vital role in combining technical and commercial skills to work along with early stage innovation to source best in class software and hardware where this software is embedded into for Signify. You will be responsible for being the procurement partner for Research/Ventures and Procurement lead for the Signify Lifi Business Unit. Identifying the right software and IC supplier to suit the business requirement by setting up evaluations and supplier scouting activities for embedded software, smart phone apps, software utilities and cloud (IaaS, SaaS) solutions. Furthermore, you are responsible for the evaluating of software intensive products like ICs and controllers and in transferring the commercial results to product development teams and support the Businesses into the last stage of market introduction (New Product and Launch). In addition, you are also the Procurement Lead for Lifi. For a candidate with a technical background and a business orientation, this position offers a great stepping stone into a commercial position!
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
- Procurement lead for Signify Lifi Business Unit. Drives supplier & part selection in Innovation to Market together with Commodity Team. Supports phase-in/phase-out planning related to NPI and ensures procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Lead the software or IC supplier selection, based on applicable processes and in close cooperation with a cross functional team consisting of business managers, engineering etc.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions including cost and setting up of legal agreements with the supplier, in collaboration with the colleagues from Commodity Management
- Set up the Software and IC Strategy together with the Sector Heads for Front End Innovation and Lifi Business Unit
- Maintain the relation and obligations with licensors, in terms of periodic payments and other conditions
- You lead and support the Value Engineering programs and Dfx conventions
- Ensure that Procurement is represented in new Product/Services Introduction projects
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in software engineering, embedded systems or related technical disciplines (required);
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in Procurement of which at least 2 years in Software Procurement
- Experience with internet-of-things (IoT) and IC procurement within a Front-End Innovation department (Research, Ventures or Incubators)
- Combination of strong technical skills, commercial affinity and strategic thinking
What you’ll get in return…
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.
Already a member? Sign In