Producing Mortgage Sales Manager VP
Portland, ME, USA | People's United Bank
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
This job is responsible for driving residential lending sales through the management of a team of mortgage account officers to increase mortgage production while adhering to bank policies and ethical standards, and keeping the customer’s best interest in mind.
This position also originates residential mortgage loans, adhering to internal, regulatory and secondary market guidelines. This position fosters and cultivates business relationships with diverse members of the community to generate mortgage business to meet sales goals and objectives.
Manages a team:
• Manages a mortgage sales staff to lead the identification of business opportunities, the development of the existing customer base, and the initiation of new client relationships to expand the organization’s residential lending relationships.
• Manages divisional mortgage sales to ensure production goals are met and all regulatory and internal policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Conducts in tandem with Mortgage Account Officers and Affordable Manager 12 Mortgage information sessions in a calendar year. This are conducted exclusively in tandem with branch partners.
• Participates in non-profit organizations and community events to establish and maintain the organization’s presence in the community. Attends networking functions and events to leverage contacts for business results.
• Continually develops and maintains specialized knowledge of all residential lending products. Ensures staff has the appropriate resources and training need to successfully compete in the marketplace.
• Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning performance improvement plans and reviews, promotions, salary recommendations, hiring and terminations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
• Continually develops a sales force that meets sales goals and objectives.
Self Originates Loans:
• Interviews prospective applicants and assesses and matches customer needs with the appropriate mortgage product.
• Obtains necessary documentation from applicant and performs the appropriate calculations needed to ensure applicant qualifies for intended mortgage product. Delivers completed origination package to facilitate timely and accurate processing of the application.
• Continually develops and maintains specialized knowledge of internal, regulatory and secondary market guidelines. Acquires and maintains comprehensive understanding of all products offered.
• Prepares all applicable compliance documents within required timeframes.
• Performs loan pricing adhering to internal and investor guidelines.
• Plays a key role in facilitating the mortgage processing of the loan to achieve customer satisfaction and meet investor requirements. Responds to and resolves customer issues and may participate in obtaining required documents from the applicant throughout the process.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
5-8 years relevant experience
• Strong ability to foster and cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external contacts. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present issues in a persuasive manner. Articulates with conviction, points of views and ideas that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience in mortgage sales and marketing. Broad knowledge of all aspects of the mortgage industry, including secondary market concepts and practices and underwriting guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a sales team to achieve goals and objectives.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to interact successfully with a wide range of internal and external professional contacts. At ease with public speaking and moderating both large and small groups.
• Innovation and flexibility are essential to meet the demands of an ever-changing market.
• Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues; can balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to identify sales opportunities, develop leads and perform responsibilities necessary to close sale.
• Ability to acquire and maintain changing product information for all products supported.
Already a member? Sign In