Product Manager (Client Technology Applications)
Ottawa, Canada | MD Financial Management
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
At MD Financial Management (MD), we believe health and wellness are life’s most valuable assets. For more than 50 years, we’ve dedicated our business to Canada’s physicians and their families, because we understand that financial well-being plays a lead role in building healthier lives.
If you are a results-driven, enthusiastic and technology-savvy team player, you’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment. We are always looking for individuals with bright minds and a deep-seated desire to make a difference in the lives of some of the most hard-working, industrious and essential individuals in our community: Canada’s physicians.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the AVP, Product Management, Client Applications, the Product Manager role intersects business, technology and the client user experience. Your efforts will center on the optimization of our products to achieve strategic, enterprise goals while concurrently maximizing the client experience and return on investment. To meet this end, you will collaborate with business stakeholders in a leadership capacity, from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to name a few, to elicit requirements which are coupled with enterprise goals and industry trends into an actionable product roadmap. With a clear focus on the future of the product, the product manager works very closely with developers to help design and develop technology solutions that enhance MDFM’s value proposition to its clients. You are responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, understanding the technology stack and its implementation processes at a level that supports sound decision making.
- Set the strategic roadmap of assigned products based on alignment to corporate goals and the advancement of the client experience
- Creation and ownership of a prioritized product backlog of the most important new features, refactoring of existing features and backlogged defects
- Monitor industry trends and where applicable bring them into the product backlog
- Expert in applicable wealth management practices and/or operational processes and seek out opportunities for process improvements that could be facilitated by system enhancements
- Coordinate stakeholder input to elicit feedback for product enhancements to bring into the product backlog
- Collaborate with stakeholders to breakdown larger projects into more granular, prioritized components that may be released individually
- Work with stakeholders and team to articulate business requirements to support development, QA and change management activities for new product feature implementation
- Coordinate with other delivery teams including but not limited to Release Management, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, QA, Deployment Management, Security and Defect Management in the execution of projects or smaller release vehicles
- Work closely with the application development and the quality assurance team members during all stages of the system development life cycle and bridge the gap between business and technology sides of the solution
- Manage direct reports including performance management, hiring, succession planning, career development and compensation planning as required
- Coordinate and assist users during user acceptance testing cycle where required
- Act in the vendor prime role supported by the Vendor Management Team or act as second chair in vendor management discussions where vendor prime is held by the Vendor Management Team as required
- Set and manage applicable vendor licensing or support charges per SLA with support from MD Vendor, Finance and Legal teams
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of the products that support MD’s business especially those that are advisor or operations supporting
- Monitor and/or identify trends in support calls and reported issues to assist in vendor escalation and/or product refactoring to feed into the product backlog
What You Need:
- A University degree with a business, engineering or computer science focus, or equivalent educational/professional experience and/or qualifications
- 8 years of prior relevant experience including a minimum of 3-5 years managing a team
- Experience working on large program/project initiatives with technology and/or technology components
- Prior experience in Financial Services an asset
- Business Analyst/Process Analyst experience is an asset
- Software development experience is an asset
- User Interface design expertise is an asset
What You Bring:
- Analytical skills
- Change agent
- Client experience-focused
- Confident communicator
- Flexibility and works well independently
- Ability to understand impacts/links between projects, teams
- Tenacity and passion
- Driven and ability to multi-task
What Success Looks Like:
- You are passionate about the MD value proposition.
- You are constantly learning and honing your skills.
- You are technology savvy.
- You feel rewarded and recognized in a way that inspires you to do your best work.
Already a member? Sign In