Mentor, OH, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
As a Product Manager at STERIS Endoscopy, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the overall strategy for an assigned product category to achieve a global financial plan and strategic goals. In this position, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the product life cycle for your category including upstream and downstream marketing initiatives. Success in this position will be achieved through effective implementation in the following areas:
• Marketing Strategy for Procedural & Product Planning
• Sales Execution Support & Program Management
• Market Research & New Product Development
• Leadership and Team Building
Marketing Strategy for Procedural & Product Planning
• Conduct ongoing market research and competitive analysis to possess in depth knowledge of markets, procedures, customers, and products.
• Collaborate with global sales team and marketing management on the development and implementation of strategic & tactical plans to ensure profitability and growth for all assigned products/procedural areas.
• Provide ongoing analysis of pricing trends, cost position, and demand forecasting within assigned product categories for financial planning.
• Provide product line and market updates to key internal stakeholders.
Sales Execution Support & Program Management
• Work closely with the commercial team to increase product adoption and utilization through the development of sales collateral, tools and programs.
• Identify issues, opportunities and associated strategies within assigned procedural areas through frequent conversations and interactions with customers and global sales team
• Communicate product and competitive updates to global sales team.
• Lead the development of content and tools for sales education. Present at training courses and provide in-field support to sales team for assigned product lines.
• Active engagement in sales meetings, national & regional conferences and events
• Commit to field travel (up to 25% US and International).
Duties - cont'd
Market Research & New Product Development (NPD)
• Gain a deep understanding of customer experience with products and procedural category through voice of customer (VOC) research.
• Identify product gaps and generate innovative ideas to expand market share, improve customer experience and drive growth in category.
• Develop business plans to evaluate market opportunity and strategic fit for new product concepts.
• Support cross-functional teams with commercial direction throughout all phases of stage gate process for active NPD projects.
• Active participation and engagement on cross-functional teams to support market research, customer requirements, product testing, risk analysis, and customer evaluation.
• Develop a comprehensive global marketing plan with a launch strategy and financial forecasts to successfully commercialize new products.
• Work closely with cross-functional team, marketing management, and marketing communications to execute on marketing deliverables for new product launches.
Leadership & Team Building
• Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for executing strategic plans and achieving global revenue goals.
• Drive short and long-term product planning process within assigned procedural areas.
• Champion product by gaining support for compelling vision, objectives, and strategy for assigned procedural area.
• Win mind share with customers and internal cross-functional team members through building excitement and belief specific to assigned product/procedural area.
• Cultivate and utilize industry relationships to support procedural category VOC research and NPD.
• Maintain cohesive Product Management approach to strategic issues across assigned product categories
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business
• BA or BS degree in business, marketing, or related field (MBA or advanced degree preferred)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience
• Ability to collaborate and work with others in a dynamic team-based environment
• Strong analytic and strategic thinking ability
• Ability to complete assignments of an advanced degree of complexity, working under little supervision on specific tasks or projects
• US and international experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In