St. Louis, MO, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Bring your experience to STERIS where you'll grow as a person and expert of Critical Environment products.This position is a mixture of downstream and upstream marketing with balanced focus on new product development and initiatives centered on marketing & sales strategies and execution. As a Product Manager, you will have responsibilities in marketing strategy development, leadership & team building, procedural & product planning, market research and new product development.
• Work closely with the commercial team to increase product penetration & utilization through the development of tools and programs that provide a seamless approach to selling value.
• Collaboratively identify issues, opportunities and associated strategies within assigned procedural areas through frequent conversations and interactions with Customers, sales leadership and account managers.
• Drive content and participate in sales meetings, national & regional conferences and events.
• Communicate with field representatives to assure awareness of product changes, pricing changes, new sales tools, corrective measures, etc.
• Create and drive short and long-term product /procedural planning process within assigned product/procedural areas to achieve corporate goals
• Win mind share with internal cross functional team members through a collaborative approach to identifying solutions based on data, building excitement and consensus specific to assigned product/procedural area to drive projects forward
• Collaborate with NA sales and marketing leadership on the development/execution of Plans of Action (POAs) and new product launches
• Identify, establish and maintain productive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Key Accounts (KAs) in the medical community –often related to product areas of focus
Duties - cont'd
• Demonstrate a robust understanding of the competitive product marketplace
• Keep informed and proactively act on current market trends and sales analysis to sharpen ability to plan, review, adjust and approve product/procedural plans, including the identification of future product development opportunities
• Provide pricing strategy stewardship within assigned product categories
• Provide strong leadership in all phases of the Stage Gate process
• Provide strong commercial and clinical Voice of Customer supporting recommendations for NPD based on qualitative and quantitative research.
• Support cross-functional new product development teams with market objectives when completing documentation (PRD, IOS, Labeling, etc.), feasibility testing, and risk analysis for new products and line extensions
• Actively participate in product testing with Customers to determine if product meets market needs
• Drive planning for new product launches including forecasting, sales collateral, equipment evaluation requirements, pricing guidelines, and product training.
• Review industry publications and practices to ensure products meet Customer needs and industry guidelines
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communication
• BA or BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• MBA preferred
• 5-7+ years of relevant business experience
• 5+ years of experience in Marketing (medical device product marketing experience preferred)
What Will Help You
• US and international experience helpful
• Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for executing strategic plans and achieving product revenue goals
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In