Product Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA, USA | Avalara
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
Product Marketing Manager
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? At Avalara, we're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, a cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation. The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by businesses every day. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of tax compliance easier for our customers.
The Product Marketing team is responsible for customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging and positioning, competitive analysis, win-loss interviews, customer evidence, and product launch activities. We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader to join Avalara's Product Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing deep customer insights and translating those into compelling messaging, positioning, and marketing campaigns. You will be the go-to-market expert for your products. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara GMs, Product Management, Partner Management, and Marketing to enable decision-making based on solid quantitative analysis and data-driven insights.
- Collaborate with Product Management to distill key functionality and benefits for upcoming features and services into product marketing messages.
- Engage with field and partner marketing teams to identify and integrate joint messaging and content into lead generation, customer engagement, and product adoption-focused marketing programs.
- Work with prospect marketing to develop detailed digital strategies, campaign plans, creative briefs, including campaign goals, segmentation strategy, messaging, and marketing distribution channels.
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and presentations, customer success stories, and videos.
- Develop and execute breakthrough product marketing activities that effectively reach target audiences.
- Work with sales to ready our general and specialized sales teams on our value propositions and messaging.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external audiences (analysts, customers, CRUSH session and third-party, public events) on Avalara's compliance platform
- Collaborate with other product marketers to develop cross-portfolio messaging and content.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- 3+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of studies such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in marketing of technical products
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- Prior experience in financial technologies or tax compliance.
- MBA and computer science, engineering, technology background
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, a cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge in scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Already a member? Sign In