Program Chief Architect
King Of Prussia, PA, USA | Lockheed Martin
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:110 people have viewed this job
This is an exciting new opportunity for someone with a strong background in the leadership of a development team to get in on the ground floor of a large, forward-leaning cloud-based software solution of critical importance to US defense. You will direct a group of AGILE SCRUM development teams, responsible for creating a series of high performance back-end processing apps running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This project involves both significant new development as well as porting of some complex legacy software to the cloud. The position involves primarily Python development in evolving a new Apache Spark-based processing architecture on AWS for signal processing, as well as significant C or C++ development for key algorithms.
You will guide the teams to learn and implement Behavior Driven Development scenarios for automated testing, and will be responsible for regular deliveries of their apps. Teams will use JIRA and Confluence extensively, SCM using Bamboo (e.g git), plus Jenkins and Nexus. The project’s values include a strong emphasis on Clean Code practices, maintainability, and a culture of engineering excellence.
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
• Software or Systems Engineering skills, such as Software Architecture and Development, Requirements Design and Verification
• Strong analytical skills and math / science background for understanding and implementing algorithms
• Proven leadership skills in a development environment, including the ability to give direction to development teams.
• Experience with Agile software development methodology
• Experience with GEOINT Systems
• Experience with Radar and/or SAR systems
• Experience with Test Driven Development, unit test tools and higher-level testing frameworks like Cucumber and Behave
* Experience leading design teams on a large-scale multi-contractor development program
* Experience and expertise in development, delivery, and support of capability into operations within AWS Cloud environments and 3rd party frameworks
Already a member? Sign In