Program Manager, Senior
Jersey City, NJ, USA | Fiserv
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
A Program Manager works with constituent Project Managers (who are responsible to the Program Manager for the execution of their project and its impact on the program) to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program. You may manage projects, as well. You are generally responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program. Usually responsible for stakeholder management particularly stakeholders external to the organization.
Responsibilities & Accountability:
A Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related projects which are directed toward a common objective. Accountable for delivering programs on time, within budget, and within scope. You will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure. You will act as a mentor for more junior members of the department.
1. Insure project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving:
Risk and Issue Management
Scope Change Management
2. Manage the program budget. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively.
3. Provide clear and concise project communication; both written and verbal to multiple levels of the company.
4. Facilitate/manage program communications and partner, client and program team expectations.
5. Make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study is required, and other hands-on experience will be considered.
At least 8 years of experience or equivalent
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Project
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Proven success in delivering programs within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
Proven problem-solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans
Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Ability to prioritize multiple programs and assignments
Performs duties under limited supervision, applying a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures.
Limited travel may be required
Already a member? Sign In