Boston, MA, USA | Star
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
If you are a well-organized, collaboration-minded professional who knows how to build and maintain relationships – read on!
While working closely with stakeholders, you will help organize various teams and make work time more efficient by inspiring them, maintaining a high level of motivation and helping with the technical aspects.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey becomes. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames which, in turn, enables our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That’s why we are the first major consulting company that does not have a headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, includingSilicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and many other vibrant design, technology and creative hubs around the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star People take immense pride in working side-by-side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a Program Manager for the PMO team that will drive the implementation of new applications and technologies. In this role, you will oversee all the project teams involved in the program. As the Program Manager, you need to be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives as well as strategic program management.
• Manage large projects in a fast paced agile environment partnering closely with the product team, data scientists, data architects and engineers, web development teams, QA teams, and other business and technology stakeholders;
• Prepare the project charter and project plan in consultation with various stakeholders and track and manage the plan;
• Proactively share program progress, status, and highlight risks and issues;
• Track and manage the program scope, cost, quality, communication etc.;
• May be responsible to prepare, enhance, and/or maintain requirements and design documents;
• Define the program scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with ITS business partners, ITS infrastructure partners, and business stakeholders;
• Demonstrated capability of working with cross-functional teams with excellent interpersonal skills and capability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities;
• Work side-by-side with other team Project Managers to ensure projects remain on track across the enterprise. They are trusted to take over any project and operate effectively. Senior team members can oversee multiple concurrent features, which roll up to strategic business objectives.
• 7-10+ years of experience;
• Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position;
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
• Experience in optimizing the feature development process through constant ideation and collaboration with business development, data, design, product, operations, engineering, customer service, and legal;
• Coordinate execution of prioritized feature(s) across one or more development teams;
• Quickly, succinctly, and relentlessly communicate questions, roadblocks, setbacks, and challenges to all impacted stakeholders;
• Evaluate and bring forward solutions when issues arise, finding the way forward;
• Sniff out both technical and business scope creep and do not accept changes in scope without open conversation to assess the impact to the overall feature timeline;
• Experience with Agile ceremonies including retrospectives, refinement, planning, and stand-ups to organize current and upcoming work and maintain a steady release cadence;
• Defend the development team from distractions, external and internal, which jeopardize engineering estimates and/or business deadlines. Team time is precious;
• Provide timely, routine progress updates on Projects in the process to stakeholders, including a red/green risk assessment and a target date;
• Decide whether the development team can absorb an emergent bug or research spike into the current sprint without jeopardizing the sprint goals;
• Engage with the program management community to learn and share best practices;
• Frequent interaction with key internal and external stakeholders;
• Frequently making decisions with general approval from department leader;
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Scrum/Kanban/Agile knowledge;
• Jira & Confluence;
• Project Management Tools (such as Monday.com, or MS Project);
• Experience in a technology role.
Nice to have:
• Certified Scrum Master preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equality, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Already a member? Sign In