Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman’s Space Systems sector is looking for a Program Manager 2 to support the Tactical Space Systems Division. Raptor has a suite of mission solutions for design and operations of complex space systems. It is a product line supporting multiple internal and external customers and also serves as a testbed for ground system and mission CONOPS development.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout).
Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years, or Master’s and 8 years’ experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• 10 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• 8 years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Must possess and current or active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• Business Acumen: The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
• Capture Management: Insight into customer technical and business (financial, political, cultural) requirements and the ability to shape customer expectations with a solution that satisfies their needs and is advantageous to the company.
• Communications: The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
• Issue & Problem Resolution: The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value: The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• Proposal Management: The ability to define proposal strategy, lead proposal teams, analyze and shape RFPs, produce and deliver winning proposals, effectively track and incorporate Review Team comments and findings, and manage post-proposal submittals (orals, finding responses).
• Risk & Opportunity: The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
• Space and/or satellite systems experience.
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Experience managing an R&D portfolio.
• PMP Certification
Already a member? Sign In