Dulles, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:65 people have viewed this job
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking a Program manager to lead National Security Space systems programs and enable highly performing program execution.
This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate must develop a comprehensive knowledge of company program management standards, policies, and guidelines. The candidate must have a successful track record in supporting bid and capture activities, and leading programs with successful, quantified business results. The selected candidate will require proven strategic planning and execution capabilities and possess the maturity, and capability to work collaboratively across all levels of the program. The candidate should possess a broad background with a varying portfolio of experiences including space and satellite systems, space system instruments, subsystems, capabilities, architecture, and applications. The selected individual must be able to interact with and influence executive level management and communicate effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the PMO with the day-to-day operations support staff in support of medium sized space related projects across multiple sites.
• Requires close coordination with USG Customer, our subcontractor teammates, and various Northrop Grumman internal staff elements.
• Responsible for all assigned program objectives from inception to completion.
• Responsible to accurately track/forecast program financials and performance metrics in order to meet or exceed annual operational and financial program goals.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance work statements, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contracts with relevant program subcontractor.
• Leads program review sessions, internally and with the Customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Develops and assembles PowerPoint briefings to both internal and external staff to review program performance and other contractual/operational subjects.
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area) and 7+ years of experience or Master’s Degree and 5+ years
• U.S. Citizenship with an active Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• At least six years of progressively responsible experience providing support to projects / programs to include project scheduling, financial management, briefing, and coordination and graphic presentation
• A demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with support staff, strong communications and interpersonal skills for dealing with the customer, subcontractors, Northrop Grumman support staff, and employees
• Current or Active Top Secret/SCI level clearance.
• Familiarity with Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In