Louisville, KY, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Program Manager who will report to the Director, Launching Systems, Submarine Programs, & Fleet Support with responsibility for managing all aspects of the Virginia Class Submarine Propulsor program to ensure cost, schedule and technical performance and to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved to the standards established over the past 20 years of this strategically important program. The Program Manager must demonstrate the ability to work across functional lines to meet the program objectives and must develop and present program status at Program Management and Technical reviews with customers, and at the Monthly Contract Reviews with the VP/GM of Weapon Systems US. The Program Manager will develop and maintain pertinent program documentation including, but not limited to the Program Plan of Execution, Risk and Opportunity Management Plan and Life Cycle Management plan.
The Program Manager:
- Has knowledge and experience in all aspects of contract execution.
- Acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, suppliers, and key customer stakeholders.
- Is responsible and accountable to the Product Line Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success.
- Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company and ensures assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow.
- Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 12 years relevant Program Management experience.
Experience working with government contracts and the DOD.
Ability to effectively negotiate and interact with both internal and external customers.
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in a manufacturing environment and program.
Ability to manage risk and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization.
Already a member? Sign In