Project Delivery Director
Croydon, United Kingdom | HDR
Industry:Architecture / Construction / Civil Engineering
Job Description:79 people have viewed this job
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Company |Hurley Palmer Flatt Group Critical Facilities and Data Centre specialist Division was formed in 2001 and has completed well over £20 billion of successful design and delivery globally in this sector. Today we are regarded as market leaders in critical engineering and data centre design, innovation and delivery.
We are looking for someone that can lead from the front and be a collaborative team player, who has experience in the critical engineering arena and can show their capabilities in what they have delivered. Someone that can demonstrate drive and the ability to motivate others, someone who is adaptable to change and keen to add value in this key sector for us.
The candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate their ability to deal with our customers be it through project leadership or business development, client facing skill are a key consideration.
The candidate would be expected to lead a team of engineers across a number of projects, locations and ventures.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, agile, forward thinking team of individuals that are looking significantly to grow the business and the division’s portfolio and reach.
We will count on you to
· Manage effectively a chosen Mechanical & Electrical Department, ensure projects are delivered technically correct and on time, whilst maintaining the target profit level.
· Attend/Maintain regular contact and meetings with Client and build/foster relationship.
· Manage and control internal and third party resources on projects.
· Ensure all key project design deadlines are met per scope and budget.
· Ensure technical compliance and quality production of all deliverables.
· Record any changes of scope, which may affect fee basis and advise leadership.
· Post contract completion and end of debtor’s reviews with client.
· Assist other Directors in Project Delivery as required.
· Carry out third party design audit’s as necessary.
· Review on a monthly basis the Project Job Costing Reports.
· Review on a monthly basis the reported Profit and Sales Figures
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and proven experience running a design engineering team(s)
· Chartered / Professional Engineer
· 10 years’ experience in data centre development and design
· 5 years’ experience in hyperscale data centres
· Working knowledge of critical engineering systemsand technology projects
· Impressive communication skills
· Commitment to transparency and integrity
· Passion and drive to do continuous improvement
· Contract negotiation skills with solid understanding of value-added ideas without compromising safety and quality of deliverables
· Sharp written and verbal communication skills, excellent attention to detail and background dealing with quality standards
· Able to travel domestically and internationally
·Large scale project experience delivering Design Build, and Design Bid Build (traditional) type projects
· Health and Safety legislation in particular CDM Regulations or similar
· In depth knowledge of MEP works and local authority approval process
· Strong time management skills
· Must be able to demonstrate initiative
· Must have the ability to work accurately under pressure
· Strong Commercial acumen and can manage resources and P&L on projects
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
·Experience working for a global organisation with reports in multiple geographic locations
Already a member? Sign In