Project Manager - Hospitality
Seattle, WA, USA | MGAC
Industry:Architecture / Construction / Civil Engineering
Job Description:90 people have viewed this job
MGAC started in 1996 with three simple goals: to do the most interesting and challenging work, to have fun working together, and to build a successful business in the process. Our success is rooted in hiring exceptional people who are driven to do exceptional work on once in a lifetime projects – with the integrity, creativity, and commitment that continues to separate us from our competitors.
A Project Manager on MGAC’s Hospitality team, the candidate will be responsible for being the owner’s representative on MGAC’s hotel projects. This position oversees all coordination, supervision and internal/external communications to the hospitality client and its GC’s, subcontractors and vendors, as it supports MGAC’s contract obligations.As a critical element to the team, this position calls for continual evaluation of team effectiveness to the Client, time management and output; the completion of projects in a timely and cost-effective manner while serving both the business goals of MGAC and the Client’s requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall team goals and success. Foster team development and maximize potential, working with others to identify and remove barriers to success
- Maintain owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations
- Establish and monitor project schedules and progress
- Establish and maintain Master Schedule
- Monitors construction schedule and alerts the Owner to conditions that could lead to significant delays in the completion of work or when the construction schedule falls behind
- Provides documentation and written record as to the progress, issues, solutions, inspections, change orders, construction changes, meetings, drawings, products and other items that reflect the progress or lack thereof
- Advocates on the part of the Owner during disputes, disagreements, modifications or change orders
- Attends meetings as the Owner’s Representative with the project team as needed
- Track and submit invoices, purchase orders, and other financial commitments, exposures and obligations
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required for the successful completion of the project
- Keep the Managing Director informed on progress and stages of the projects, providing briefing sessions at major completion stages
- Forms contacts and pursues any business development leads to maximize future opportunities within the industry for the Sector
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Master’s Degree in a related field, not required, but preferred
- At least seven to ten (7-10) years of previous experience in the Hospitality Construction industry
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, presentation, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and engineering principles and techniques, accounting principles. Familiar with various construction methods, systems and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Project
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office software; CAD, and Adobe InDesign a plus
- Must possess a “Can Do” and positive attitude and have excellent customer service skills
- Support others and apply skills to make team contributions
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must possess an enthusiasm for the Hospitality industry
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once
Over the past decade, MGAC has been recognized as a top workplace by the Washington Post, Washingtonian, and Washington Business Journal, affirming MGAC’s commitment to fostering a unique and collaborative environment where staff can grow personally and professionally.
MGAC’s, competitive benefits contribute to our award-winning culture.On your first day of work, employees begin accruing vacation at a rate of 10 hours per month, which is equivalent to 3 weeks each year.Employees also receive 1 day off for their birthday!Sick leave accrues at a rate of 56 hours per calendar year or 7 days annually.Additionally, full-time employees are provided nine paid holidays per calendar year.
Already a member? Sign In