Depew, NY, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Job Description:65 people have viewed this job
• The Business Unit Project Manager is primarily responsible for concurrently planning, directing, executing and completing multiple Product Development and Operations team projects.
• Work closely with talented Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, QC/Regulatory and external partners and ensure project costs, performance and schedule targets are met.
• Provide leadership within project teams to plan, design, calibrate, test, verify, report and document.
• Develop full-scale project plans, set expectations and continually manage deliverables with team members.
• Foster an environment of collaboration among various team members and external partners and drive a culture of on time delivery of high quality, high reliability, safe and effective new products.
• Interpret customer needs and facilitate conversion of these needs into clear product specifications.Project Manager should also be capable of preparing robust Statements of Work (SOW) if the project requires outsourcing.
• High level of motivation and strong attention to detail to drive team members to convert technical specifications into differentiated products that will meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Must ensure all project documentation and design history files are in accordance with company policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Provide comprehensive progress reporting to the management team on project status and any variances from project goals including corrective actions and requirements.
• BS degree in a technical/professional discipline with at least 8 years of experience and knowledge as a Project Manager with product development and electromechanical instrumentation background (preferred medical device experience); MS and or MBA degree preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess a high level of motivation and strong attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Project or similar software is required.
• PMP certification is a plus.
• Working knowledge of the technical details of managing projects including resource loading, work plans and timelines, quality requirements, cost targets, technical risk, regulatory requirements, procurement and manufacturing.
• Must be able to effectively communicate cross-functionally, perform under aggressive time-lines, multitask and creatively identify, analyze and solve problems and manage risk.
Already a member? Sign In