Rugby, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Key customer facing Project Management roles for Marine / Naval / Industry business units within GE Power Conversion UK Ltd.
An opportunity for an experienced Project Manager, although consideration will also be given to less experienced applicants with a strong desire to develop into the role.
Must have the ability to form effective working relationships with Customers, other Team Members and third-party suppliers to ensure the project objectives are achieved.
The Project Manager will perform the following duties:
- Manage a single or a portfolio of Projects for the Power Conversion UK business unit concerned, to ensure that contractual obligations are met on time and to budget.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Customer on each project, building a strong and effective Customer relationship achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and serving as a basis for repeat business.
- Lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver the project objectives in a structured and efficient manner.
- Interface with GE participating units and external suppliers as needed.
- Managing the commercial, technical and quality issues on the project.
- Creating, maintaining and driving progress against a project plan.
- Ensure timely and accurate Customer billing and on time cash collection.
- Ensuring compliance with GE Commercial Procedures at all times.
- Registering, compiling, submitting and negotiating extensions of time, extras to contract and other claims as appropriate.
- Carrying out project reviews to control projects, check progress, manage cost, identify deviations from plan, detect risk and forecast future performance
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and incumbents are expected to undertake all reasonable duties as requested.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum HNC in relevant subject or equivalent.
- Experience in a Project Management, Commercial or Quantity Surveying role, appropriate to the position.
- Experience of interfacing with external customers, commercially astute.
- Good understanding of project finances enabling effective control of billing, costs and internal trading. Able to critique a project from a financial view.
- Ability to achieve Security Clearance at least to ‘Basic’ level
- Team player, who can establish effective working relationships at all levels, motivate the project team to deliver, and provide support when the project encounters obstacles.
- Must be dedicated, show high sense of commitment and responsibility and an effective decision maker.
- Skilled and flexible negotiator, able to work through issues arising and find effective solutions.
- Full UK driving license
- Must be willing and able to travel when required, for example to customer, supplier or job site locations.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity
At GE Power Conversion, our systems help electrify the world and reduce energy consumption. We are committed to building a more sustainable world for everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive employer, focused on creating a work environment where diversity is encouraged. Join us to see what we can achieve together.
About GE Power Conversion
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.
Already a member? Sign In