Sacramento, CA, USA | RagingWire
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Corporate Project Manager will perform an integral cross-functional role within NTT GDC Americas, Inc. The position will be responsible for assisting the Sr. Project Manager with the end-to-end ownership of multiple high-visibility projects (working with the Chief of Staff and other senior leaders), cross-departmental projects, and projects related to the operational integration with NTT Limited and NTT affiliate companies.
The Corporate Project Manager will assist with managing all aspects of projects including project definition, scheduling, meeting management, milestone tracking, scope management, risk management, change management, communications, and status reporting, with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
This role requires skills in project management methodologies, processes, and industry standard tools; and experience with customer (internal and external) interaction and leading teams. It serves as the principal conduit between the Project Management Office (PMO), Executive leadership and the rest of the company to bring accountability and transparency to our projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages high-visibility integration projects sponsored by NTT Limited, senior leaders; responsible for assisting with project scoping, committals and delivery time frames.
• Responsible for assisting the Sr. Project Manager with providing feedback on key project artifacts, including (but not limited to) requirements documents, design documents, project descriptions, fact sheets, etc., when working with global affiliated companies.
• Works with external stakeholders and internal departments to determine objectives and dependencies relating to assigned projects and creates project charters to effectively define and initiate project work.
• Clearly articulates project goals, deliverables, timelines, etc. to all levels of the organization as well as external outsourced resources.
• Follows up effectively with all levels of the organization; reports progress through the project management office and proactively escalates issues and risks that require executive attention.
• Coordinates and leads project status meetings and provides status reporting to ensure that projects remain on track and project stakeholders are informed of status and related issues.
• Documents and publishes meeting agendas, presentation slide decks and associated minutes, along with maintaining a rolling action items list.
• Uses Microsoft Project and other standard tools to document, schedule, track and report on the various projects.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships with both internal and external collaborators and stakeholders across all geographical regions. Interfaces with vendors as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills required with the ability to distill complicated projects into short, cadenced executive briefings.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a global, distributed environment.
• Results oriented - meticulous management against schedule, scope and budget in a highly organized and time effective manner.
• Possess excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate compromises between stakeholders.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Able to be highly confidential.
• Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to relate well at all levels of the organization, building rapport and maintaining collaborative relationships.
• Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree a plus
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in project management
• PMP certification preferred but may be offset with additional project management related experience
• Primarily sitting with some walking, standing, and bending.
• Able to hear and speak into a telephone.
• Close visual work on a computer terminal.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
• Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
• Extensive daily computer use.
• Required to carry a cell phone; must be reachable by phone during off hours.
• This role is expected to be remote with an occasional need to be on-site in a shared space.
• Some travel, up to 20% of the time.
• Must possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license.
• Must be willing to occasionally work outside normal business hours, including weekends, and late nights
Already a member? Sign In