Project Specialist, Energy Markets Policy Group
New York, NY, USA | Con Edison Company
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Energy Markets Policy Group (EMPG) is looking to hire an energetic, highly motivated individual to join its team as a Project Specialist. The Project Specialist will work with the EMPG team and internal stakeholders to advance the Company's strategic objectives by delivering expert knowledge and thought leadership to inform company leaders on future regulatory, policy, market, and industry trends and position the company to adapt to these changes and leverage business development opportunities
- This position is located at the company's corporate headquarters in New York City.
- Monitor and evaluate developments in the Northeast wholesale gas and electric markets and federal energy policy issues to determine their impact on the Company's energy services, the power system, wholesale energy market performance and customers.
- Prepare analyses, position papers, comments, and presentations on these issues that will support implementation of policies that promote Company objectives, while taking into account energy and environmental concerns and customer interests/impacts. Inform employees of wholesale energy market and transmission planning issues.
- Work with internal stakeholders to formulate recommended company positions and proposals on key issues.
- Participate at stakeholder working group meetings and national association committee meetings to advocate on behalf of Con Edison and its customers and an insight as to stakeholder views and issues. Also, will assist in preparation of presentations and other back-up materials for meetings.
- Make presentations on energy policy issues to executives and other company employees in variety of settings, including staff meetings, seminars, and meetings of internal committees. External presentations may also be required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. and at least 3 years of work experience with meaningful exposure and participation in energy policy or regulatory matters
- Master's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. and at least 2 years of work experience with meaningful exposure and participation in energy policy or regulatory matters
Required Work Experience
- Must have knowledge of or interest in wholesale energy markets. Required
- Able to work independently and offer recommendations to management based on sound business judgment. Required
- Must also be detail oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple assignments and required deadlines. Required
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to read and summarize lengthy documents quickly. Required
- Must have strong research skills and be able to conduct basic quantitative studies. Required
- Understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission and cultural priorities. Required
- Knowledge of the Northeast competitive energy markets and regulated utility business. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel between New York City and Albany on a regular basis. Other travel, including out of state and overnight, may also be required.
- May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency processes and storm plans as required.
Already a member? Sign In