Oak Ridge, TN, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
This position will lead global product development teams responsible for introducing new products for release as well as major updates to existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential responsibilities of this role include the following:
• Set and communicate project scope to team members and stakeholders. Continually manage project team to expectation and timelines.
• Identify and resolve issues and risks within the project team. Able to identify creative and effective resolutions.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Appropriately manage change control.
• Track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas throughout project life cycle.
• Coaches, mentors and motivates cross functional project team members and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their work.
• Conduct project post mortems and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Adds constructive value to projects — not just an administrative role.
• Respects and understands target cost and performance product specifications and manages projects to fulfil them as closely as possible.
• Assume accountability for project development budgets, timelines, quality, and adherence to product and business requirements.
• Work with the product managers to generate requirements and use case scenarios.
• Take on special projects as needed and any other tasks assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. US citizenship is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Minimum of 5 years in related project/program management experience
• Requires strong verbal and written English language skills to include technical writing and ability to give presentations.
• Prefer experience managing government contracts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; and use fingers or hands to manipulate objects.The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; taste or smell; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee is regularly required to sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills with customers and company functional staff.
• Strong project management and organizational skills. Project management certification is a plus.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to work in a team-based setting.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a global team.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project or other similar time-phased software
• Cross-discipline engineering experience.
• Experience designing for manufacturing and cost.
• Experience working with high performance research instrumentation.
• Electrochemistry or chemistry experience.
• Experience working with global teams.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In