Get started on your application!
Property Portfolio Corporate Controller
New York, NY, USA | Cantor Fitzgerald
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
Essential Job Duties:
- Review or prepare Lease abstracts when necessary for new and updated tenants when required, review leases to ensure correct rents are being charged.
- Assist Property Managers in analyzing monthly property financial reports for accuracy.Review monthly variances with managers.
- Provide support and assistance to property accountants and managers as relates to calculation, reconciliations and billing of tenant real estate tax and CAM, other accounting, and financial reporting issues.
- Provide support with monthly forecasting, play an active role in analyzing and preparation of annual budgets in conjunction with managers.
- Prepare state sales tax reporting as necessary.
- Participate in client financial audits as requested.
- Monitor the closing process to assure that all activities are completed as scheduled and /or necessary to provide reporting as required for all properties accounted for in the New York accounting department.Advise appropriate management of all delays or problems encountered therein.
- Provide meaningful input and feedback to the Assistant Regional Controller regarding the performance of the property accountants.
- Assist the Assistant Regional Controller in the establishment of new properties, as assigned, including setting up of new bank accounts.
- Demonstrate high level of customer service with client contacts and internal team.
- Responsible for Corporate accounting and reporting functions.
- Prepare billing for property and asset management fees.
- Review and approve broker commissions and payments.
- Assist Clients with investment reporting and capital management.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance required, CPA preferable.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous property management accounting or financial experience.
- Must possess strong understanding of all financial and operational reporting requirements and property management procedures.
- Experience with property accounting systems (Yardi, MRI) preferred.
- Must handle multiple tasks, manage time effectively, and establish priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing team environment.
- Perform additional job duties and support special projects as assigned.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.