Public Relations Content Specialist
Remote, CA, USA | Toptal
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:PR & Communications
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal’s PR Content Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives. Through collaboration with the Head of PR, you will find and create stories and content that generate media coverage. You should have a strong understanding of how the media works and what the media requires. You will ensure Toptal remains a first mover and industry thought leader through event involvement and speaking engagements. With every initiative you manage, your priority will be to ensure Toptal’s public image reflects our top 3% philosophy.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will prepare written materials (e.g. press releases, pitches and summaries) that are well-informed and to a high standard. You will support the Head of PR in researching new communications approaches and opportunities and translating these into tangible action plans. You will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of PR initiatives. You will implement a management process for PR initiatives across the organization to include regular updates with stakeholders. You will continuously think about and contribute creatively to new pitch opportunities. You will manage the flow of information and communication and disseminate it according to plan/strategy. Your ability to optimize the communication system will enhance the accuracy of communication. You will research media coverage and industry trends which will help inspire your development of fresh story ideas. You will regularly maintain an awareness of media-hosted events and industry conversations related to some of the most important and relevant conversations happening today. You will manage the launch calendar and familiarize yourself with Toptal’s verticals and specializations in order to generate content. Your proactive approach to networking will enhance your ability to identify and develop strong relationships to quickly obtain content supporting stories, data, and anecdotes. Your writing style will engage and captivate a professional and corporate audience. You will consistently deliver dynamic ideas and creative solutions while demonstrating exceptional news sense and judgment.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work closely with your team to research media pitch ideas.
In the first month you will:
- Network and develop relationships with internal stakeholders to uncover case studies and identify relevant supporting data.
- Create and compile a database of findings to support content creation.
- Begin to identify supporting data and develop ready to publish content.
In the first three months you will:
- Have content creation in full motion, being fully responsible for developing original, creative, and publish ready-media content.
- Continuously leverage internal and external sources to enrich content.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop and implement a repeatable, routine process for obtaining new content supporting stories and data.
- Develop content for pitch ideas currently in the funnel while simultaneously and proactively turning content around for inbound press inquiries and newsjacking opportunities.
In the first year you will
- Be seen as the expert. You will be fully responsible for providing content for all press and media pitches.
- Proactively provide input on media pitches and newsjacking opportunities.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must have outstanding attention to detail.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- You must possess the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- You must be an obsessive consumer of news and media.
- You must be comfortable with working under pressure and adhering to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as command of the English language.
- You must be proactive and solution-oriented, seeing challenges as opportunities to make things better.
- You must have the ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to focus on different areas within PR as workload fluctuates.
- Experience working remotely with globally distributed teams preferred.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In