Regional Business Lead - Director
Singapore, Singapore | Publicis Media
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, DigitasLBi, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
The AOR Director is a lead to steward the business and deliver against client objectives and satisfaction. He or she serves as the senior contact and will drive quality control, approving communication strategies, plans and key tactics delivered by the team across online and offline planning.
This individual will manage a structured team to engage and drive conversations with key partners (including creative agencies) that involves account and media planning, new opportunities, branded content, negotiations, as well as support and collaborate on relevant projects to scale learnings that is required of the account.
This entails management of internal business deliverables (e.g. Scope of Work, address audits) and management of staff (e.g. interviewing/hiring, performance reviews, assignment recommendations, etc.).
The AOR Director will also mentor, manage, train and motivate team members to deliver the best possible performance.
- Be a key contact across entire planning cycle for senior brand clients and media directors / managers. Ensure media deliverables are met on time and within budget and align with clients’ objectives.
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge on client category, brands and specific client requests and needs to provide appropriate input and direction to the agency units driving the entire communication planning process.
- Lead account ‘project manager’ for the entire business accountable for achieving deadlines across all campaigns and deliverables. Collaborate with multiple internal business practices that contribute to the overall communication plan development process both internal and external.
- Hones feasibility, profitability and negotiation skills through implementation and management of plans, working with Trading team to drive best prices and terms to maximize effectiveness of placement’s reach to client’s consumers.
- Serves as first level coach and supervisor to one or more associates to support their knowledge of agency, client, vendor and industry basics as well as their overall skill development in the execution or monitoring of experience plans. Provide staff with ongoing feedback and manage annual Evaluation as well as constantly evaluating resource allocations.
- Address all operational issues to ensure smooth execution. Propose solutions and perspectives to problems.
- Establish effective working relationships with all parties and act as first line of issue escalation; manage the resolution of issues as they arise (pre and post live) such as discrepancy between reporting systems and creative malfunctions, amongst others.
- Keep abreast to the development and trends in the ever-changing media landscape.
- Full understanding and interpretation of media system, research, market data and manage 3rd Party audits.
- Drive and own internal processes to increase productivity, streamline processes/reporting as required and champions HX Media Framework. Work with team to implement these processes and see it to its fruition.
- Strong understanding of the integrated media landscape
- Acts as a client visionary by bringing a highly valued perspective to the client based on a deep understanding of their business, issues and opportunities
- Takes responsibility for the collective performance of Functional Leads/Specialists team working together
- Integrates understanding into the work to make decisions on the business
- Filters and adapts the different options and applies good judgement combined with hard facts to select which ideas will produce the best results
- Builds team effectiveness by providing a clear definition of what’s expected and identifying the people with the right skills and capabilities
- Coaches others by assessing an individual's strengths and areas for development and encouraging a free exchange of constructive feedback. Pushes down decision-making and avoids taking charge unless absolutely necessary.
- Takes entrepreneurial calculated risks and acts on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business
- Identifies and actions opportunities to grow profitable revenue while driving awards submissions and winning awards
- Anticipates the future and takes decisive action to create opportunities or minimize potential problem
- Pre-sells by soliciting the involvement of key people in advance to build ownership
- Demonstrate desired behaviours and make effective decisions. Ensure all decision making is aligned to brand’s purpose and values. Lead by example.
- 15+ years of experience in a media agency/client side background
- Currently working on a top 15 or global account
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- Strong leadership skills with broad background, exposure to and experience in offline media, ATL and digital, research, strategic planning and implementation processes
- Strong client management skills, and the ability to deliver clear, objective thinking from a multi-market perspective
- Working knowledge of using different media channels into broad planning to drive strategic thinking and capabilities to craft a holistic communications strategy that serves the consumer experience and enables deployment across regions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable speaking in public. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, Word
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Open-minded, adaptive and a team player
- Organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Natural curiosity and a desire to do things differently
Already a member? Sign In